Sunday, May 18, 2014

Elsewhere

Two weeks back, I rounded out my 4-part series on Brian Azzarello & Eduardo Risso over at PopMatters, finishing on a somewhat sour note with Brother Lono. I wrote on this site a while ago about how I was giving up on that series, but then I ended up reading the rest of it for the PopMatters piece anyway. It did not get better. This week, I talked about Shelton, the kid in the Scalped arc "Dead Mothers" who gets killed by the same man who murdered his mother. The moment of Shelton's death was when Scalped really kicked in for me on a level it hadn't yet reached, so I enjoyed going back to that and reexamining it. Finally, another "1987 And All That" post is up at CSBG about Hawkman #11-17. They were pretty decent comics, and definitely an interesting introduction for me to the characters of Hawkman and Hawkwoman as stars rather than background players or boring members of some super-team.

Something I Failed to Mention
I'm not feeling like I left much out of the three pieces published elsewhere these last couple weeks. All the thoughts I wanted to express were pretty much included. I am, however, disappointed in my recent lack of productivity here on Comics Matter. It has to do with many things, some of which are going to calm down in the next few months, but others are bound to become busier/more complicated in that same time, so I can't really say if or when I might pick up the pace again. I am trying my damnedest to stick to the arbitrary once-a-week minimum I set for myself long ago, so at least there's that, I guess. And you never know when a sudden abundance of energy, free time, and ideas might come together in a perfect storm of blogging. But chances are things are going to be slow around here for at least a little while. Good thing about that is, the rest of the Internet keeps moving at the exact same pace without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment